Accident Claims

Have you been involved in an accident, through no fault of your own, it is likely that you will be eligible to compensation.


Compensation is a form of reward in many circumstances, such as work bonus from the employer to the employee for their service.

No Win No Fee

No win no fee deals were first introduced for a range of courts in England and Wales in 1995.Years later a move was made to spread.

Personal Injury Claim

Personal injury is a term that covers a range of injuries and accident types which range from whiplash caused by a car accident.

Slip, Trips and Falls

Did you know that slips, trips and falls are one of the most common types of accidents in the UK? Every year, thousands of people of all ages are injured in slips, trips and falls at work or in a public place, and the injuries sustained in this type of accident can be pretty nasty. We have handled thousands of claims for compensation after a trip or fall, so if you have been injured and you think that somebody else is to blame, we encourage you to get in touch with us after your accident to see if you are eligible to claim personal injury compensation.

What are the criteria for claiming for slips, trips and falls?

As with any personal injury claim, you will have to prove that your accident was somebody else's fault. Don't worry if you don't have any evidence though, as this is why you need a personal injury lawyer. It's our job to gather evidence in support of your claim if somebody else caused your accident. You must have been injured in the last three years, as there is a three-year time limit in place to make a personal injury claim, and we can normally only help you if you sought medical attention for your injuries.

This is why it is well worth going to see your GP even if you have suffered a minor injury such as whiplash, as we will need to see a copy of your medical report as part of your claim.

What kind of injuries could slips, trips and falls cause?

It's tempting to write off slips, trips and falls as minor accidents leading to injuries that are not too serious. Whilst this is often the case, it is possible to sustain more serious injuries in a slip, trip or fall, and fatalities also sometimes happen. Since 2000, Consumer Credit Justice have helped thousands of people to claim compensation for slips, trips and falls and during that time these are some of the most common injuries we have come across:

  • Head injuries including concussion, fractured skull or a brain injury
  • Broken bones – most commonly the ankle or wrist
  • Strains and sprains including ligament, tendon and muscle injuries
  • Facial injuries including eye injuries and knocking teeth out
  • Back and spinal injuries
  • Whiplash
  • Lacerations, for example if you slip in a bar and land on broken glass

As you can see, some of these injuries are more serious than others. For example, a brain injury can lead to changes in your personality that affect the rest of your life. You may suffer from mood swings or uncontrollable behaviour, be unable to work or even unable to care for yourself without assistance. This type of injury can be life changing not only for the victim but for their whole family, who can be affected emotionally and financially.

Consumer Credit Justice could help you claim compensation if a family member has sustained injuries that have impacted their quality of life. Equally, if you have suffered minor injuries such as whiplash or a broken ankle, we could still help you to claim compensation if your accident was caused by somebody else

What if your child has been injured at school or nursery?

As we mentioned above, it is possible to make a personal injury claim if a family member has been injured in an accident. So, what about if your child has suffered injuries after an accident at nursery or school? When we drop our kids off at school or nursery, we expect them to be safe in the hands of qualified, experienced members of staff. Unfortunately, accidents can and do happen, and slips, trips and falls are amongst the most common types of accidents to occur in educational establishments.

Perhaps your child fell from a faulty climbing frame in the playground and suffered facial injuries, or maybe they collided with another child and sustained a nasty concussion. They may even have broken their ankle after slipping on a wet floor at school. If school staff were negligent, you could make a claim for compensation on behalf of your child, and they could be compensated for their pain and suffering. You could also receive compensation for your own loss of earnings, if you need to take time off work to care for your child.

What should you do next?

We always recommend that anybody considering making a personal injury claim to visit our compensation calculator to get an idea of how much compensation they may be entitled to. This could help you to decide whether or not you wish to proceed with a claim after your accident. However, you don't need to decide just yet – remember that you can call us for no-obligation advice at any time, provided it has been three years or less since your accident happened.

You can call our helpline on 0161 660 6486 from a landline or a mobile and ask us any questions you have about the claims process or just discuss your accident with us in more detail and get advice from our expert advisors. If you do decide to proceed with a claim, there are no upfront fees to pay thanks to our 100% no-win, no-fee* service, and we can start gathering evidence in support of your claim as soon as possible.

Although claims can take some time to process, the majority can be dealt with in full over the phone, so it is very unlikely you will need to go to court, giving you one less thing to worry about.